Enjoy up to 15% off savings on select rooms, PLUS a $50 breakfast credit at Spur Restaurant & Bar each day of your stay! Take advantage of fabulous savings for the late summer and fall season. 15% […]
Summer in Jackson Hole offers an endless list of activity choices: do I explore the beautiful hiking trails that wind through fields of wildflowers or hit the river for a little whitewater fun? Is it time to explore the skies by hot air balloon or ride horseback into the backcountry? At Teton Mountain Lodge & Spa we’re here to help you design the ultimate western summer mountain adventure.
Touring and Wildlife Viewing in the National Parks
You can explore these national treasures on your own or hire tour guide to lead you to some of the best views and wildlife spotting areas in and around Jackson Hole.
Expeditions explore the valley, focusing on each animal’s unique ecosystem. Naturalists offer local knowledge and exclusive viewing opportunities.
Cost: $199 per person for half day. Children’s rates available. Consult our Concierge for preferred outfitters.
Hiking and Mountain Biking
At the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort, there is a seven mile network of mountain bike trails to explore. The Teewinot chairlift enables you to hitch a ride with your mountain bike half-way up the mountain. You may also explore trails in the backcountry around Jackson Hole.
You can rent bikes and accessories from many shops in the area and set out on your own or hire guides for tips and instruction.
Specialty outfitters provide guided, half-day access to the following:
Embark on a hike or bike through the hills and valleys of Jackson Hole. A guide will take you on stunning treks throughout the Bridger-Teton National Forest. A wide range of terrain suitable for all hikers and bikers – from the novice to the seasoned – can be found just outside.
Cost: Price varies by location. Our Concierge will email pricing.
Paved and dirt roads and trails throughout Jackson Hole offer another excellent way to see Jackson Hole. The National Elk Refuge Road or the extensive paved pathways that run throughout the Jackson Hole valley offer ideal options. Our Concierge is well-versed in road rides, so be sure to inquire!
Explore Jackson Hole from the Big Skies
There’s no better way to experience the romance of the Old West and get deep in to the back country and high in the mountains than on horseback. There are many outfitters, most offering full- or half-day rides.
Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis, designed by Robert Trent Jones II, showcases some of Jackson Hole’s most breathtaking Teton views. This semi-private club is consistently ranked number one in the state of Wyoming by Golf Digest magazine. Located just 20 miles from the Resort, the club offers a pro shop, golf instruction, club rentals, driving range and putting green. Jackson Hole Golf & Tennis offers preferred morning tee times and discounted rates to our Lodge guests.
Teton Pines is a full-service, semi-private championship golf course offering tee boxes of varying levels, many water features and large greens. This 18-hole course, opened in 1987, was designed by Arnold Palmer. Located just 5 miles from the Lodge, the course offers a pro shop, golf instruction, club rentals, driving range and putting green.
Rafting, Kayaking and other Watersports
The Snake River offers both calm waters for scenic floating and a dramatic canyon for whitewater excitement. High alpine lakes and ponds are found among the mountain peaks and have their own opportunities for water fun.
Whether you rent kayaking equipment and head out on your own or enlist a guide or instructor, you can choose between the athletic descent of the Snake River or the gliding serenity of the alpine lakes in Grand Teton National Park.
Home to some of the world’s best trout fishing, the lakes and streams below the Teton Range feature Rainbow, Brown, Lake trout and one of the few remaining populations of wild Cutthroat trout. There are a number of rivers in the area for you to choose from – Snake, Henry’s Fork, Gros Ventre, Green, Madison and many more!
Cost typically ranges from $395-$650 for half day to full day for one to two people. Our Concierge is happy to assist with making the right choice based on your time and interest and can schedule with our preferred partners and outfitters.
Teton Village Attractions
- The Grand Teton Music Festival presents world-class concerts and symphonies almost every night of the week. Concert season runs July 5 through August 17, 2013.
- Alive at Five: Kick your evening off in Teton Village with an hour of fun for all ages from 5-6 pm every Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday from the last weeks in June through Labor Day. Attractions include storytelling from The Jackson Hole Historical Society, exciting, live demonstrations from the Teton Raptor Center and outdoor performances from the Grand Teton Music Festival’s String Quartet.
- Concert on the Commons brings live music on Summer Sunday nights to the center of Teton Village. Grab your partner or the kids and make it a picnic or an entire night out in Teton Village. Sundays at 4 pm. Teton Village Commons.
Other Summer Activities in Teton Village
In addition to the planned daily events in and around Teton Village, let our Concierge Team or (as we like to think of them) our “Adventure Specialists” assist you in planning the following fun pursuits and activities:
- Discover Jackson Hole Mountain Resort’s brand new Gravity Logic-designed mountain bike park with lift access
- Soar through the sky and ride the tram to the top of Rendezvous Peak and Jackson Hole Mountain Resort
- Take on the trails of our slopeseide mountain via hike or mountain bike
- Ride the Jackson Hole Mountain Resort Gondola and enjoy a scenic lunch or picnic on the mountain
- Paraglide with Jackson Hole’s world-class tandem pilots
- Saddle up for a horseback ride with experienced local outfitters
- Help drive cattle at a local ranch
- Rent and ride a bike to (via bike path) to Grand Teton National Park, the charming neighboring town of Wilson, or even downtown Jackson Hole
Summer Attractions in Jackson Hole
There are many attractions to check out in downtown Jackson Hole. Our Concierge team is a valuable resource for planning your time here.
- Jackson Hole Rodeo: An old-west classic and family favorite. Every Wednesday and Saturday at 8 pm through Labor Day.
- The National Museum of Wildlife Art features some of the most famous pieces of wildlife art from early-American masters to contemporary.
- Jackson Hole Shootout: Every day on the Town Square, Monday through Saturday through Labor Day weekend, the Jackson Hole Shootout Gang performs their complimentary Old West melodrama.
- Local Jackson Hole Farmer’s Market: Every Saturday on the Town Square. First Saturday after July 4 through the end of September.
- Art Fair: A time-honored tradition in Miller Park, located in downtown Jackson.